faridabad

Description

Faridabad District (now Division too) has been awarded Faridabad City by this name, which was established in AD 1707 by Sheikh Farid, the treasurer of Jahangir with the objective of protecting the highway passed through the city. Sheikh Farid built a fort, a tank and a mosque. Later it became the headquarters of a Pargana which was held in Jangir by Ballabgarh ruler. It was confiscated by the government because the ruler took part in the revolt of 1857. The site selected for Faridabad township covers the area of 18.1 square kilometers on the western side of Delhi-Mathura National Highway. The Indian government displaced the North-West Frontier province and Dera Ghazi Khan District (now in Pakistan, in 1947) for rehabilitation of the people. The control of this township was contained in the Faridabad Development Board, which was working under the authority of the Government of India through the Ministry of Rehabilitation. It was not considered desirable that the Central Government should maintain permanent attachment in the State Government and hence the township was handed over to the Punjab Government.

faridabad Projects

Fill Up The Form For Enquiry